Countdown!!!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Hardest goodbye yet...

Today was our last day in Edinburgh. I woke up early, as I had gone to bed early the night before unwell. I packed all my bags and dropped them in reception. We would leave our things there for the day while we waited for our night bus.

We basically spent the day at the hostel spending time with everyone. Liam had already gone, Ash was leaving the next day and Tim and Tom wouldnt be there for long either. We had our souveniers, I had bought dad a pool towell that looked like a kilt, I had tasted real whisky, I had eaten haggis. We had achieved everything we wanted!!

Around lunchtime we decided to go to Sainsburys and get some supplies for a little going away party. We got loads of cheese, wine, and little party foods. We sat in the hostel common room for a few hours drinking and eating. Then we decided to go to the Walkabout pub to say our goodbyes there as well.

Kim decided that I wasnt allowed to board the bus unless we had a fair few drinks in us. I think she was actually trying to get us drunk so they wouldnt let us on the bus!! We had a few cocktails and some jaeger bombs, then went back to the hostel.

The time eventually come though where we had to go. We got all of our bags, shed a few tears, said goodbye then Kim, Dini and Jase walked us to the bus station. Along the way kim tried several times to hide my bags or stall us. But it didnt work. We got there just in time.

Once we got on our bus, we sat looking out the window watching our friends. They put on a great show for the entire bus. Jase and Kim got their butts out several times. In the end the bus driver stopped half way through his safety speech to ask everyone to pay attention to him, rather than what was happening out the window. Me and Laura could not stop laughing, but it was a mix of laughing while crying.

Once the bus pulled away we were so upset. Im sure I cried for about 2 hours until I eventually cried myself to sleep. I woke up a few times on the way home, but I was so exhausted from my time in Scotland that I slept majority of the way.

Our holiday was coming to an end, and this was the first time it really felt like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment