Countdown!!!

Monday, October 17, 2011

Goodbye Scenic Sally. Roadtrip is over...

Today was the last day of our roadtrip. Our hire car, Scenic Sally' had to go home.

We had our breakfast at the B&B then got our bags and left. The wind was still really bad, so bad that it had knocked out the satelite for the GPS!! Glasgow was a lovely city, but filled with one way streets and roads that lead to nowhere. It was a bit of a nightmare finding our way out. Luckily we left a little early, as it took us over an hour to find our way out!!

When we got back into Edinburgh we managed to find our way back to the hostel with no GPS. I guess I was a bit of a local by now.

I dropped the kids off at the hostel, then Liam and I took the car back to the depot. It was sad saying good bye to Sally, but it was gonna be nice to be able to have a big night again and not have to worry about driving!! This being driven around and bus thing was really working for me.

We got back to the hostel and I was wrecked. We cleaned all our stuff up and sorted all of our gear then thought we would have a quiet day. We watched a few movies and just relaxed. We were planning on having a big night and went to Sainsburys for our supplies.

Later that night after one or two drinks I came down with a really bad headache. Nothing seemed to be killing it, so sadly while everyone else went out to the Hive I had to go to bed. It was our last night in Edinburgh and I would have loved to have gone out with the crew, so I was pretty upset I couldnt make it out.

The next day would be our last day in Edinburgh. I really wasnt ready to leave yet, but we wanted a few days in London before we went home. Edinburgh is somewhere I could really see myself staying. I dont know if it was the town itself, or the people we met there but I loved it!! It would be sad to say goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment